The City of Annapolis has an election coming up. Yes, it is an “off” year election cycle and there are changes afoot. This week, Tim and John sit down with Marc Rodriguez and talk about his yet-to-be-officially-announced candidacy for Alderman for Ward 5 in the City. Rodriguez discusses his roots in Mexico City and Hillsmere (yes you read that right), what he has been doing for Alderman Littmann who will not be seeking another term, and what he brings to the Council chamber for the Latino community and the larger Annapolis community.
Thank you to everyone who wrote with suggestions for upcoming episodes. We are on it. Coming up in the next few weeks will be Anne Arundel County State’s Attorney Wes Adams and a candidate for Mayor of Annapolis that will shake that race to its core. You will hear it here first!
Big geeky news…. we are now on iHeartRADIO! So if you listen to iHeartRADIO, you can listen, rate, share, subscribe, favorite right there. Their app and website search is a bit wonky at the moment but they promised us they’d fix it soon. But here’s the direct link!
But if you are just joining us…. make sure you check out some (or all) of our previous episodes? You really should. They could change your life. Granted, your life would have to be pretty bad. But still, we have some gems you will want to check out! Most recently….
- We recap 2016. Our last episode of 2016 was a lot of fun and lacking any direction whatsoever. We talked about how we decided to do The Maryland Crabs, where we want to go in 2017 and beyond, some of our past guests, and how good the lunch really was at Sammy’s Italian Pizza Kitchen in Eastport!
- Governor Larry Hogan invited us into his private office for Jaegerbombs and wings while we watched the Ravens. OK, so maybe it was more of a conversation with the State Police watching over us making sure we did not swipe the guitar off his office wall…but we did have a great conversation.
- Speaker of the House of Delegates, Michael E. Busch sat down and discussed the upcoming session, legislating in a Trump presidency and what it means for Maryland, and his recent criticism of Delegate Herb McMillan.
Oh hell…just go back and listen to the ones you have not heard! And PLEASE be sure to tell your friends about us!
A peek into next week….Anne Arundel County State’s Attorney Wes Adams….after that whole Hogan thing, he only agreed to speak with us if we agreed to be searched on the way out of the Courthouse….apparently the Governor wants the stapler back that Tim took.
Wanna touch base? Got a suggestion? Criticism? Want to be a guest? Have an idea for a guest? …send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also hit us up on Twitter at @MDCrabsPodcast. We have no lives, so hearing from listeners really makes our day.
PLEASE Click to rate us and leave a comment on Google Play or iTunes! That would go a long way to getting our podcast out there! While you are there—why not subscribe and have it delivered right to your device?
If you want to find us, click on the links below:
- Facebook Page – The Maryland Crabs (Page)
- Facebook Group – The Maryland Crabs (Group)
- Twitter – @MDCrabsPodcast
- Email – email@example.com
- Website – www.themarylandcrabs.com