John Astle: Pilot and Senator! And Maybe Annapolis’ Next Mayor? (E-22)
Maryland State Senator John Astle has been serving in the State legislature for 35 years. This year may be his last as he has decided to run for Mayor of Annapolis. Does he have what it takes?
Senator Astle sits down with the Crabs and talks about the Red Coach Inn where he met his wife, his time in Viet Nam, the untimely death of his son, his time flying President Nixon, his proudest legislation, and of course the upcoming Mayoral election.
Hear the Senator call out the current Mayor, Mike Pantelides, for never speaking to the council. Listen as he tells us who will NOT get his Senate seat if he wins the election; and who to watch in the future.
And here’s a spoiler–he sees nothing on the horizon to stop Governor Hogan from a second term!
Thank you to everyone who wrote with suggestions for upcoming episodes. We are on it. Next week, we sit down with the founders of The Annapolis Film Festival. Beyond that, we talk to both Mayor and Candidate Pantelides, and, Dr. Jana Davis from the Chesapeake Bay Trust and a few more surprises. You will want to stay tuned every Thursday around noon!
We are now on iHeartRADIO! So if you listen to iHeartRADIO, you can listen, rate, share, subscribe, favorite right there. Here’s the direct link!
But if you are just joining us…. make sure you check out some (or all) of our previous episodes? You really should. They could change your life. Granted, your life would have to be pretty bad. But still, we have some gems you will want to check out! Most recently….
- Last week…she dances along Ritchie Highway and has a fascination with Madonna, Ke$ha, Brittney Spears, and Paula Abdul. Dale Crites, AKA Brittney Girl Dale, Madonna Girl Dale, Paula Girl Dale, and Ke$ha Girl Dale spills it all. From the sexual abuse suffered as young boy to the suicide of a close friend to his close relationship with the police and how he deals with people that are just plain intolerant.
- Anne Arundel County State’s Attorney Wes Adams and had a great conversation about crime in Anne Arundel County, the heroin epidemic, the success of his Drug Court, and the case that made him most proud. We may have touched on that old Winnebago he used for the campaign too!
- Marc Rodriguez. You may not know who he is right now, but you will. A sharp guy who has been working with Alderman Littmann and is poised to make a run for office in the upcoming Annapolis elections.
Oh hell…just go back and listen to the ones you haven’t heard! And PLEASE be sure to tell your friends about us!
Wanna touch base? Got a suggestion? Criticism? Want to be a guest? Have an idea for a guest? …send us an email at email@example.com
You can also hit us up on Twitter at @MDCrabsPodcast. We have no lives, so hearing from listeners really makes our day.
PLEASE Click to rate us and leave a comment on Google Play or iTunes! That would go a long way to getting our podcast out there! While you are there—why not subscribe and have it delivered right to your device?
If you want to find us, click on the links below:
- Facebook Page – The Maryland Crabs (Page)
- Facebook Group – The Maryland Crabs (Group)
- Twitter – @MDCrabsPodcast
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website – www.themarylandcrabs.com