It happens every year…well at least for the past five years! The Annapolis Film Festival is bringing more than 70 films to Annapolis March 30th to April 2nd and we sat down with the founders of this festival that has injected more than $2 million into our economy.
Patti White and Lee Anderson are two of the busiest women in town. They operate FILMSTERS, full fledged production company from their West Annapolis office, the wildly successful summer camp, and in their spare time…the Annapolis Film Festival which is expected to draw nearly 10,000 to Annapolis over a 4 day period.
We talk about their business, their start in the industry, and just how the ides for the festival was born. And then we get into the nitty gritty of this year’s fest. Sit back, and enjoy while we talk movie to Lee Anderson and Patti White!
Thanks this week to: Anne Arundel Medical Center!
Thank you to everyone who wrote with suggestions for upcoming episodes. We are on it. Next week, we sit down with Dr. Jana Davis from the Chesapeake Bay Trust and then it is onto Mayor AND Candidate Mike Pantelides as well as a few more surprises. You will want to stay tuned every Thursday around noon!
We are now on iHeartRADIO! So if you listen to iHeartRADIO, you can listen, rate, share, subscribe, favorite right there. Here’s the direct link!
But if you are just joining us…. make sure you check out some (or all) of our previous episodes? You really should. They could change your life. Granted, your life would have to be pretty bad. But still, we have some gems you will want to check out! Most recently….
- State Senator John Astle has been a fixture in Annapolis for decades. Now he wants to be Mayor of the City on the Bay. In his first public interview, Astle pulls no punches where he feels mayor Pantelides is falling down, and how he will make a difference.
- She dances along Ritchie Highway and has a fascination with Madonna, Ke$ha, Brittney Spears, and Paula Abdul. Dale Crites, AKA Brittney Girl Dale, Madonna Girl Dale, Paula Girl Dale, and Ke$ha Girl Dale spills it all. From the sexual abuse suffered as young boy to the suicide of a close friend to his close relationship with the police and how he deals with people that are just plain intolerant.
- Anne Arundel County State’s Attorney Wes Adams and had a great conversation about crime in Anne Arundel County, the heroin epidemic, the success of his Drug Court, and the case that made him most proud. We may have touched on that old Winnebago he used for the campaign too!
Oh hell…just go back and listen to the ones you haven’t heard! And PLEASE be sure to tell your friends about us!
Wanna touch base? Got a suggestion? Criticism? Want to be a guest? Have an idea for a guest? …send us an email at email@example.com
You can also hit us up on Twitter at @MDCrabsPodcast. We have no lives, so hearing from listeners really makes our day.
PLEASE Click to rate us and leave a comment on Google Play or iTunes! That would go a long way to getting our podcast out there! While you are there—why not subscribe and have it delivered right to your device?
If you want to find us, click on the links below:
- Facebook Page – The Maryland Crabs (Page)
- Facebook Group – The Maryland Crabs (Group)
- Twitter – @MDCrabsPodcast
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website – www.themarylandcrabs.com