The Chesapeake Bay Trust: So What is Really Happening With The Bay (E-24)
PROGRAMMING NOTE: We will be releasing a special episode at 6pm on 2/9/17. Annapolis Mayor Michael Pantelides’ first interview after the firing of Police Chief Michael Pristoop. Please check back later this evening!
This week, the Maryland Crabs sit down with Dr. Jana Davis (who, we must say dispels all preconceived notions of what a “doctor” should be) who is the Executive Director of the Chesapeake Bay Trust.
We learn what the Trust does, how they are helping the Bay, and most importantly, how YOU can help the Bay as well.
Dr. Davis talks about the Bay Plate, your Maryland Tax Return, the grants they distribute, the types of projects they fund, and more. The Trust is the money machine for boots in the water for the Bay. They find the money and dole it out to organizations looking to make a difference.
And–they do it on a shoestring with more than 90% of their income going right back into the Bay–that did not sound right, but you get the drift.
Sit back, and learn how the Chesapeake Bay is improving their grades with Dr. Jana Davis and the Chesapeake Bay Trust!
Thanks this week to: Homestead Gardens, Chesapeake Bay Trust, Union Jacks, and Governor Larry Hogan for the plug at the beginning!
Thank you to everyone who wrote with suggestions for upcoming episodes. We are on it. Next week, we sit down with Mary Ewenson from the Eastport Yacht Club Foundation, Spin Sheet and Prop Talk magazines and discuss working on the bay!
Coming up– Travis Pastrana, Kevin Plank, Candidate Mike Pantelides and….wouldn’t you like to know??
We are now on iHeartRADIO! So if you listen to iHeartRADIO, you can listen, rate, share, subscribe, favorite right there. Here’s the direct link!
But if you are just joining us…. make sure you check out some (or all) of our previous episodes? You really should. They could change your life. Granted, your life would have to be pretty bad. But still, we have some gems you will want to check out! Most recently….
- The Annapolis Film Festival was our guest last week. Give it a listen and see how this huge event morphed from an idea into a multi-day event drawing thousands to our little sleepy town by the Bay.
- State Senator John Astle has been a fixture in Annapolis for decades. Now he wants to be Mayor of the City on the Bay. In his first public interview, Astle pulls no punches where he feels mayor Pantelides is falling down, and how he will make a difference.
- She dances along Ritchie Highway and has a fascination with Madonna, Ke$ha, Brittney Spears, and Paula Abdul. Dale Crites, AKA Brittney Girl Dale, Madonna Girl Dale, Paula Girl Dale, and Ke$ha Girl Dale spills it all. From the sexual abuse suffered as young boy to the suicide of a close friend to his close relationship with the police and how he deals with people that are just plain intolerant.
Oh hell…just go back and listen to the ones you haven’t heard! And PLEASE be sure to tell your friends about us!
Wanna touch base? Got a suggestion? Criticism? Want to be a guest? Have an idea for a guest? …send us an email at email@example.com
You can also hit us up on Twitter at @MDCrabsPodcast. We have no lives, so hearing from listeners really makes our day.
PLEASE Click to rate us and leave a comment on Google Play or iTunes! That would go a long way to getting our podcast out there! While you are there—why not subscribe and have it delivered right to your device?
If you want to find us, click on the links below:
- Facebook Page – The Maryland Crabs (Page)
- Facebook Group – The Maryland Crabs (Group)
- Twitter – @MDCrabsPodcast
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website – www.themarylandcrabs.com