This week on The Maryland Crabs we sit down with Chase Cook, the Annapolis reporter for The Capital. Chase has his finger on the pulse of Annapolis government and he peels back the layers for us this week.
We talk about the recent firing of Police Chief Michael Pristoop (Mayor Pantelides spoke with us about that too) and crime in general. We jumped into the mess that is the Housing Authority of the City of Annapolis (HACA). And finally we dug into the recently passed ordinance from Alderman Jared Littmann seeking additional protections to local immigrants. Does this make Annapolis a “sanctuary city?” We talk about it!
To dig even deeper, you can check out some of Chase’s recent work for The Capital on these topics:
Finally, if you want to follow him on Twitter–and you should…. @ChaseACook
Thank you to everyone who wrote with suggestions for upcoming episodes. We are on it.
Coming up — another conversation with Gavin Buckley and his vision for Annapolis now that his campaign for Mayor is active, CANDIDATE Mike Pantelides, Travis Pastrana, Kevin Plank, PG County Executive Rushern Baker and….
If you are just joining us…. make sure you check out some (or all) of our previous episodes? You really should. They could change your life. Granted, your life would have to be pretty bad. But still, we have some gems you will want to check out! Most recently….
- Working the Chesapeake Bay. We sat with Mary Ewenson who is the publisher of Prop Talk and Spin Sheet and sits on the Board of the Eastport Yacht Club Foundation to talk about working on the Bay. What jobs are there now and in the future. Also the Marine and Maritime Trades Career Fair that is happening on February 25th.
- Annapolis Mayor Mike Pantelides talks about firing long-time chief of police Mike Pristoop, some of his accomplishments in his first three years and what he might hope to accomplish in a second terms if the voters will have him again!
- Chesapeake Bay Trust. We crabbed with the Trust to see what they are up to and to talk about how you can help them without even realizing you are helping them!
- The Annapolis Film Festival was our guest last week. Give it a listen and see how this huge event morphed from an idea into a multi-day event drawing thousands to our little sleepy town by the Bay.
Oh hell…just go back and listen to the ones you haven’t heard! And PLEASE be sure to tell your friends about us!
Wanna touch base? Got a suggestion? Criticism? Want to be a guest? Have an idea for a guest? …send us an email at email@example.com
You can also hit us up on Twitter at @MDCrabsPodcast. We have no lives, so hearing from listeners really makes our day.
PLEASE Click to rate us and leave a comment on Google Play or iTunes! That would go a long way to getting our podcast out there! While you are there—why not subscribe and have it delivered right to your device?
If you want to find us, click on the links below:
- Facebook Page – The Maryland Crabs (Page)
- Facebook Group – The Maryland Crabs (Group)
- Twitter – @MDCrabsPodcast
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website – www.themarylandcrabs.com