Rushern Baker III inherited a mess when he became Prince George’s County Executive in 2010. Today, the County is quite different!
The County Executive sat down with The Crabs to talk about it. We hear about his roots in Valdosta to when he first discovered that Accokeek was really in Prince George’s County.
He tells the story about getting a phone call from his mother, “Oh my God, I heard you got arrested!” and managing a snowstorm from a Waffle House somewhere in North Carolina. And of course the aftermath from his predecessor, Jack Johnson, left as he was indicted and sent to prison.
Finally, we hear about how he plans to handle the Westphalia project that could be a major choking point in the I-95 corridor near MGM’s National Harbor and Andrews Air Force Base.
All in all, we learn what it takes to take a Phoenix named Prince George’s County from the ashes–figuratively and literally!
Thank you to everyone who wrote with suggestions for upcoming episodes. We are on it.
Coming up — Travis Pastrana will be here, we will be bringing Harriet Tubman to you, an in-depth about parking and biking in Maryland, Mayor Michael Pantelides will lay out his vision for the next four years if he wins, Comptroller Peter Franchot, the developer behind one of the most controversial projects in Annapolis, and…. well that woudl spoil it…just subscribe and be surprised!
We are now on iHeartRADIO! So if you listen to iHeartRADIO, you can listen, rate, share, subscribe, favorite right there. Here’s the direct link!
If you are just joining us…. make sure you check out some (or all) of our previous episodes? You really should. They could change your life. Granted, your life would have to be pretty bad. But still, we have some gems you will want to check out! Most recently….
- Gavin Buckley comes back to the Crabs now that his campaign is in full swing and lays out his vision for Annapolis as he looks to unseat the incumbent Mayor, Mike Pantelides in this year’s election! Can an Aussie handle an American colonial town? Put a shrimp on the barbie, grab some vegamite and have a listen!
- Chase Cook. He’s the eyes and ears of The Capital for the City of Annapolis and he sat down and talked about the firing of the Annapolis Police Chief, the issue with public housing, undocumented residents, and the Mayor’s chance to win re-election!
- Working the Chesapeake Bay. We sat with Mary Ewenson who is the publisher of Prop Talk and Spin Sheet and sits on the Board of the Eastport Yacht Club Foundation to talk about working on the Bay. What jobs are there now and in the future. Also the Marine and Maritime Trades Career Fair that is happening on February 25th.
- Annapolis Mayor Mike Pantelides talks about firing long-time chief of police Mike Pristoop, some of his accomplishments in his first three years and what he might hope to accomplish in a second terms if the voters will have him again!
- Chesapeake Bay Trust. We crabbed with the Trust to see what they are up to and to talk about how you can help them without even realizing you are helping them!
Oh hell…just go back and listen to the ones you haven’t heard! And PLEASE be sure to tell your friends about us!
Wanna touch base? Got a suggestion? Criticism? Want to be a guest? Have an idea for a guest? …send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also hit us up on Twitter at @MDCrabsPodcast. We have no lives, so hearing from listeners really makes our day.
PLEASE Click to rate us and leave a comment on Google Play or iTunes! That would go a long way to getting our podcast out there! While you are there—why not subscribe and have it delivered right to your device?
If you want to find us, click on the links below:
- Facebook Page – The Maryland Crabs (Page)
- Facebook Group – The Maryland Crabs (Group)
- Twitter – @MDCrabsPodcast
- Email – email@example.com
- Website – www.themarylandcrabs.com