Cannabis: It’s Legal–Kinda. It’s Coming. And there is a National Cannabis Festival (E-33)
Marijuana is coming! In fact a dispensary is about to pop up on West Street in Annapolis in a few months! We thought we should talk about it with some experts, so please welcome Cheech Marin and Tommy Chong!
Well, maybe not! But we do have Caroline Phillips and Kevin Cranford with us today. Both are advocates for the legalization of marijuana and have been VERY vocal on the national scene in lobbying for the decriminalization and legalization for medical and recreational use.
In fact, the 2nd Annual National Cannabis Festival is about to take place at RFK Stadium in Washington on April 22nd and Caroline is the Founder & CEO of it!
We sat down on the rooftop at Metropolitan Kitchen & Lounge to talk about the existing laws, the coming laws, misconceptions, right-conceptions, and much more.
If you are looking to go to the National Cannabis Festival, understand it is NOT a “pot fest.” It is an educational and advocacy festival. Yes, they will have music and food and it will be a good time; but expect to see cannabis related vendors, organizations, lawmakers, how to grown, and a special area where Marylanders can meet the growers, cultivators, and dispensers. Get your questions answered and basically learn more than we can cover in an hour here on The Maryland Crabs! Get your tickets at the link!
Nourishment for this episode comes by way of Metropolitan Kitchen & Lounge on West Street. The rooftop is about to open and the lamb burger is as fine and tasty as it has always been!
Thank you to everyone who wrote with suggestions for upcoming episodes. We are on it.
Hey, before you zone out—do us a favor. Head over to iTunes, Google Play or wherever you listen to us and leave us a rating and if you have time a comment. Not only does it elevate (or shatter) our egos, it really helps with getting the word out about this podcast. Thanks!
Next week–we are talking developers. We sit down with Jeff Jacobson who is hoping to add on to the Eastport Shopping Center in Annapolis and create a more vibrant and livable community. Can he doe it? Tune in and see.
Looking ahead–Travis Pastrana, Congressmen Anthony Brown and John Sarbanes, St. John’s College President Chris Nelson, the new developers of Crystal Spring …now knows as Providence Point, a VERY frank discussion on opioid addiction and the crisis Maryland is facing, and much more!
BIG NEWS: We are on Stitcher Radio now too. See you can’t turn around without finding a place to catch The Maryland Crabs
OLD NEWS: We are now on the app tunein. So if you use tunein…well… tune in. As an added bonus, if you have an Amazon Echo—you can say “Alexa, play The Maryland Crabs Podcast” and she will fetch the latest episode from tunein. How cool is that?
We are now on iHeartRADIO! So if you listen to iHeartRADIO, you can listen, rate, share, subscribe, favorite right there. Here’s the direct link!
If you are just joining us…. make sure you check out some (or all) of our previous episodes? You really should. They could change your life. Granted, your life would have to be pretty bad. But still, we have some gems you will want to check out! Most recently….
- Maryland’s Comptroller, Peter Franchot was with us last week and pulled no punches. He explained what the hell it is he does besides collect the taxes and issue the refunds. He gave us some insight to how he is handling the increased fraud cases and explained how irritated he is with the legislature that will not allow him to do more! We also talked about his efforts to get AC in the Baltimore schools and making schools start after Labor Day statewide!
- Alex Pline. OK, so you may not know the name unless you are an avid biker; but he is an Annapolitan that sits on the City’s Transportation Board and sheds some insight into what many perceive as madness with the City’s new parking contractor–SP+. We also talk about biking in Maryland and where it needs to go!
- Mayoral Candidate Mike Pantelides talks about his upcoming re-election campaign. He takes off his Mayor’s hat, loosens his tie and talks about why and how he will win another 4 years in November of 2017.
- Rushern Baker, III, the Prince George’s County Executive sat down with us to talk about how well the County is doing after being pretty much at the bottom of the barrel. His predecessor was indicted, arrested, and served time in prison for corruption, the murder rate was out of control, and because the FBI was still investigating people, he had to fire the entire management of the county and start fresh! Now we talk MGM Grand, Harborplace, Westphalia, and the time his mom called him to make sure he wasn’t the one in jail.
- Gavin Buckley comes back to the Crabs now that his campaign is in full swing and lays out his vision for Annapolis as he looks to unseat the incumbent Mayor, Mike Pantelides in this year’s election! Can an Aussie handle an American colonial town? Put a shrimp on the barbie, grab some vegamite and have a listen!
Oh hell…just go back and listen to the ones you haven’t heard! And PLEASE be sure to tell your friends about us!
Wanna touch base? Got a suggestion? Criticism? Want to be a guest? Have an idea for a guest? …send us an email at email@example.com
You can also hit us up on Twitter at @MDCrabsPodcast. We have no lives, so hearing from listeners really makes our day.
PLEASE Click to rate us and leave a comment on Google Play or iTunes! That would go a long way to getting our podcast out there! While you are there—why not subscribe and have it delivered right to your device?
If you want to find us, click on the links below:
- Facebook Page – The Maryland Crabs (Page)
- Facebook Group – The Maryland Crabs (Group)
- Twitter – @MDCrabsPodcast
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website – www.themarylandcrabs.com