A few weeks ago, Congressman Anthony Brown’s (D- 4th District, MD) office contacted us about having the Congressman on the podcast. Sure thing! We sat down with Rep. Anthony Brown in his Largo office to discuss a whole bunch of things that were on the freshman Congressman’s mind.
We talked about the Affordable Care Act and what the future looks like under President Trump. We talked about the proposed funding cut to the EPA and in particular the Chesapeake Bay. We talked military spending and how it should not be at the expense of domestic spending. We talked about Martin O’Malley, whom the Congressman said was “the best environmental Governor in the history of Maryland” and the chances for an O’Malley presidential run in 2020. Finally, we let Rep. Brown get a word in edgewise and talk about his focus during his term in office–workforce creation.
Talk to the Congressman:
- Twitter: @RepAnthonyBrown
Facebook: Representative Anthony Brown
- Email: Website Form
Website: Congressman Anthony Brown
- Annapolis Office: Opening Soon in the Anne Arundel County Office Complex (Riva Road)
- Largo Office: 9701 Apollo Road | Suite 103 | Upper Marlboro | 301-488-2600
- Washington DC Office: 1505 Longworth House Office Building | Washington | 202-225-8699
Thanks to Prince George’s County Executive Rushern Baker for the intro
Thank you to everyone who wrote with suggestions for upcoming episodes. We are on it.
Hey, before you zone out—do us a favor. Head over to iTunes, Google Play or wherever you listen to us and leave us a rating and if you have time a comment. Not only does it elevate (or shatter) our egos, it really helps with getting the word out about this podcast. Thanks!
Looking ahead–Travis Pastrana, Congressman John Sarbanes, St. John’s College President Chris Nelson, the new developers of Crystal Spring …now known as Providence Point, a VERY frank discussion on opioid addiction and the crisis Maryland is facing, an incredible chat with the sponsor of the USS Sioux City–one of the Navy’s newest battleships and much more!
BIG NEWS: We are on Stitcher Radio now too. See you can’t turn around without finding a place to catch The Maryland Crabs
OLD NEWS: We are now on the app tunein. So if you use tunein…well… tune in. As an added bonus, if you have an Amazon Echo—you can say “Alexa, play The Maryland Crabs Podcast” and she will fetch the latest episode from tunein. How cool is that?
We are now on iHeartRADIO! So if you listen to iHeartRADIO, you can listen, rate, share, subscribe, favorite right there. Here’s the direct link!
If you are just joining us…. make sure you check out some (or all) of our previous episodes? You really should. They could change your life. Granted, your life would have to be pretty bad. But still, we have some gems you will want to check out! Most recently….
- Eastport Landing. The NIMBYS are alive and well and have proclaimed there shall be no development in Eastport. Well, that may not be possible, responsible, or even legal…so rather than ranting and raving, why not listen to the guy who is proposing to renovate and bring something new to an aging strip shopping center in Eastport.
- Marijuana! We spoke with Caroline Phillips who is a marijuana advocate and the founder of the National Cannabis Festival happening on 4/22. We talk about what is on the horizon for Maryland as we move into uncharted territory.We talk about the ridiculous (and comical) laws in DC surrounding marijuana, and a whole lot more! If you are curious about the changes–this is a must-listen episode!
- Maryland’s Comptroller, Peter Franchot was with us last week and pulled no punches. He explained what the hell it is he does besides collect the taxes and issue the refunds. He gave us some insight to how he is handling the increased fraud cases and explained how irritated he is with the legislature that will not allow him to do more! We also talked about his efforts to get AC in the Baltimore schools and making schools start after Labor Day statewide!
- Alex Pline. OK, so you may not know the name unless you are an avid biker; but he is an Annapolitan that sits on the City’s Transportation Board and sheds some insight into what many perceive as madness with the City’s new parking contractor–SP+. We also talk about biking in Maryland and where it needs to go!
- Mayoral Candidate Mike Pantelides talks about his upcoming re-election campaign. He takes off his Mayor’s hat, loosens his tie and talks about why and how he will win another 4 years in November of 2017.
Wanna touch base? Got a suggestion? Criticism? Want to be a guest? Have an idea for a guest? …send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also hit us up on Twitter at @MDCrabsPodcast. We have no lives, so hearing from listeners really makes our day.
PLEASE Click to rate us and leave a comment on Google Play or iTunes! That would go a long way to getting our podcast out there! While you are there—why not subscribe and have it delivered right to your device?
If you want to find us, click on the links below:
- Facebook Page – The Maryland Crabs (Page)
- Facebook Group – The Maryland Crabs (Group)
- Twitter – @MDCrabsPodcast
- Email – email@example.com
- Website – www.themarylandcrabs.com