Roadtrip! The Maryland Crabs took to the highways this week and headed to Rockville and the National Lutheran Communities & Services (NLCS) HQ to speak with Larry Bradshaw, their CEO.
NLCS is the developer behind the proposed continuing care community called The Village at Providence Point…or for you old-timers….Crystal Spring.
The original plan has been scaled way back and now features strictly an age restricted continuing care community to serve the needs of the senior population in the area. But it comes with some questions.
And we ask them. What about the size? What about the preservation of the existing forest? What about the traffic? Schools?
Listen in as the head honcho gives us the scoop on where they are and where they are headed in Annapolis.
Thank you to everyone who wrote with suggestions for upcoming episodes. We are on it.
Hey, before you zone out—do us a favor. Head over to Apple Podcasts (formerly iTunes), Google Play or wherever you listen to us and leave us a rating and if you have time a comment. Not only does it elevate (or shatter) our egos, it really helps with getting the word out about this podcast. Thanks!
Looking ahead–Travis Pastrana, Congressman John Sarbanes, St. John’s College President Chris Nelson, a chat with the sponsor of the USS Sioux City–one of the Navy’s newest battleships, the Baltimore Ravens, and the final (we think) Mayoral Candidate for Annapolis–Nevin Young! Plus, we have much more in the works!
HEY: We are on Stitcher Radio now too. See you can’t turn around without finding a place to catch The Maryland Crabs
OLD NEWS: We are now on the app tunein. So if you use tunein…well… tune in. As an added bonus, if you have an Amazon Echo—you can say “Alexa, play The Maryland Crabs Podcast” and she will fetch the latest episode from tunein. How cool is that?
We are now on iHeartRADIO! So if you listen to iHeartRADIO, you can listen, rate, share, subscribe, favorite right there. Here’s the direct link! We are working on Spotify!
If you are just joining us…. make sure you check out some (or all) of our previous episodes? You really should. They could change your life. Granted, your life would have to be pretty bad. But still, we have some gems you will want to check out! Most recently….
- Fests. Fests. Fests. Get your party shoes on. This episode we talk about all the festivals that are coming to town. Well, at least three that will be here shortly. The Naptown barBAYq, The Annapolis Irish Fesitval (absolutely), and the 50th Maryland Seafood Festival.
- Angel Traynor from Serenity Sistas talks to the crabs about her addiction and recovery. How she went from jailhouse to running a company that provides transitional housing for recovering men and women. Hear about our heroin epidemic from someone on the front lines!
- Congressman Anthony Brown sat down with the Crabs last week and talked about the Affordable Care Act under President Trump, the proposed slashing of funding to the Chesapeake Bay, military spending, and a little bit about his time with former Maryland Governor O’Malley and if he is ready to challenge President Trump in 2020.
- Eastport Landing. The NIMBYS are alive and well and have proclaimed there shall be no development in Eastport. Well, that may not be possible, responsible, or even legal…so rather than ranting and raving, why not listen to the guy who is proposing to renovate and bring something new to an aging strip shopping center in Eastport.
- Marijuana! We spoke with Caroline Phillips who is a marijuana advocate and the founder of the National Cannabis Festival happening on 4/22. We talk about what is on the horizon for Maryland as we move into uncharted territory.We talk about the ridiculous (and comical) laws in DC surrounding marijuana, and a whole lot more! If you are curious about the changes–this is a must-listen episode!
- Maryland’s Comptroller, Peter Franchot was with us last week and pulled no punches. He explained what the hell it is he does besides collect the taxes and issue the refunds. He gave us some insight to how he is handling the increased fraud cases and explained how irritated he is with the legislature that will not allow him to do more! We also talked about his efforts to get AC in the Baltimore schools and making schools start after Labor Day statewide!
Oh hell…just go back and listen to the ones you haven’t heard! And PLEASE be sure to tell your friends about us!
Wanna touch base? Got a suggestion? Criticism? Want to be a guest? Have an idea for a guest? …send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also hit us up on Twitter at @MDCrabsPodcast. We have no lives, so hearing from listeners really makes our day.
PLEASE Click to rate us and leave a comment on Google Play or iTunes! That would go a long way to getting our podcast out there! While you are there—why not subscribe and have it delivered right to your device?
If you want to find us, click on the links below:
- Facebook Page – The Maryland Crabs (Page)
- Facebook Group – The Maryland Crabs (Group)
- Twitter – @MDCrabsPodcast
- Email – email@example.com
- Website – www.themarylandcrabs.com