The Baltimore Ravens one of Maryland’s two favorite NFL teams. And the season does not end in February (hopefully) but continues year round.
This week, we talk to three key (off the field) people about what The Ravens are doing off-season and what the 2017 team looks like.
Play Like A Raven. Adam Rudel talks about the fun outreach of The Ravens and their caravan. The Play Like A Raven Clinic is an on field clinic for kids 5-15 and will feature pro coaching, retired players and more. The clinics will be coming to Annapolis High, on June 12th, Urbana High on June 13th, Meadowood Regional Park on June 14th, and Queen Anne’;s County High on June 15th! But if you are not on the field, there will be plenty of free stuff to do–cheerleaders, players for autographs, Poe, inflatables, and much more. Check it all out here! AND….we have 5 tickets to the clinics to give away! Just be one of the first 5 to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ravens Foundation. Heather Darney is the Executive Director of the Ravens Foundation and the Director of Community Relations for the team. All too often we hear the bad news surrounding the NFL and the players. What you don’t hear is the great stuff the Ravens Foundation and the players are doing on their own. From a bookmobile to providing meals to needy families in their home states to helping to quell a riot in Baltimore. Heather clues us in!
A peek into the 2017 team. Finally Garrett Downing, who hosts the Ravens Daily podcast during the season and is their Social Media Manager chats with us about the prospects for 2017, the draft, and what surprises Ozzie Newsome might have up his sleeve.
Hey, before you zone out—do us a favor. Head over to Apple Podcasts (formerly iTunes), Google Play or wherever you listen to us and leave us a rating and if you have time a comment. Not only does it elevate (or shatter) our egos, it really helps with getting the word out about this podcast. Thanks!
Looking ahead–Travis Pastrana, Congressman John Sarbanes, St. John’s College President Chris Nelson, a chat with the sponsor of the USS Sioux City–one of the Navy’s newest battleships, the final (we think) Mayoral Candidate for Annapolis–Nevin Young, a discussion on tourism and its importance along with an exclusive talk with Annapolis’ newest police chief–Chief Scott Baker! Plus, we have much more in the works!
Did you check out our Crabcake with John Tesh or the one with Nick Morrison? You should!
HEY: We are on Stitcher Radio now too. See you can’t turn around without finding a place to catch The Maryland Crabs
OLD NEWS: We are now on the app tunein. So if you use tunein…well… tune in. As an added bonus, if you have an Amazon Echo—you can say “Alexa, play The Maryland Crabs Podcast” and she will fetch the latest episode from tunein. How cool is that?
We are now on iHeartRADIO! So if you listen to iHeartRADIO, you can listen, rate, share, subscribe, favorite right there. Here’s the direct link! We are working on Spotify!
If you are just joining us…. make sure you check out some (or all) of our previous episodes? You really should. They could change your life. Granted, your life would have to be pretty bad. But still, we have some gems you will want to check out! Most recently….
- Crystal Spring or Providence Point. You can call it whatever you like; but the developers are pushing forward to bring a continuing care facility to the Forest Drive corridor in Annapolis. There are obstacles to overcome along with an election for Mayor. We talked with Larry Bradshaw, the CEO of National Lutheran Communities & Services who actually IS the developer. Check it out!
- Fests. Fests. Fests. Get your party shoes on. This episode we talk about all the festivals that are coming to town. Well, at least three that will be here shortly. The Naptown barBAYq, The Annapolis Irish Fesitval (absolutely), and the 50th Maryland Seafood Festival.
- Angel Traynor from Serenity Sistas talks to the crabs about her addiction and recovery. How she went from jailhouse to running a company that provides transitional housing for recovering men and women. Hear about our heroin epidemic from someone on the front lines!
- Congressman Anthony Brown sat down with the Crabs last week and talked about the Affordable Care Act under President Trump, the proposed slashing of funding to the Chesapeake Bay, military spending, and a little bit about his time with former Maryland Governor O’Malley and if he is ready to challenge President Trump in 2020.
- Eastport Landing. The NIMBYS are alive and well and have proclaimed there shall be no development in Eastport. Well, that may not be possible, responsible, or even legal…so rather than ranting and raving, why not listen to the guy who is proposing to renovate and bring something new to an aging strip shopping center in Eastport.
- Marijuana! We spoke with Caroline Phillips who is a marijuana advocate and the founder of the National Cannabis Festival happening on 4/22. We talk about what is on the horizon for Maryland as we move into uncharted territory.We talk about the ridiculous (and comical) laws in DC surrounding marijuana, and a whole lot more! If you are curious about the changes–this is a must-listen episode!
Oh hell…just go back and listen to the ones you haven’t heard! And PLEASE be sure to tell your friends about us!
Wanna touch base? Got a suggestion? Criticism? Want to be a guest? Have an idea for a guest? …send us an email at email@example.com
You can also hit us up on Twitter at @MDCrabsPodcast. We have no lives, so hearing from listeners really makes our day.
PLEASE Click to rate us and leave a comment on Google Play or iTunes! That would go a long way to getting our podcast out there! While you are there—why not subscribe and have it delivered right to your device?
If you want to find us, click on the links below:
- Facebook Page – The Maryland Crabs (Page)
- Facebook Group – The Maryland Crabs (Group)
- Twitter – @MDCrabsPodcast
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website – www.themarylandcrabs.com