This is a Crabcake from The Maryland Crabs! What is a Crabcake? Well, it’s a very short snippet of something you need to know. It might be 5 minutes long..or it might be 20. In any event, enjoy your Maryland Crabcake!
We all know about the big boys of conservation in the area. But you may not have known about the Scenic Rivers Land Trust. In a nutshell, they work to identify land that can be preserved in perpetuity and then work with the landowners to make it happen. One HUGE success is the Bacon Ridge Natural Area which encompasses nearly 1000 acres of wooded beauty!
And on April 27th, they are hosting several guided hikes in this incredible spot. It is free, but they do ask you to sign up.
Have a listen as we speak with Nina Fisher, the President of the Board of Directors and Sarah Knebel who is the Conservation Director. Learn what they do and what you can do to keep our area as ecologically sound as possible!
Hike photo: Ray Hoffmann
- Scenic Rivers Land Trust (Website)
- Scenic Rivers Land Trust (Facebook)
- Scenic Rivers Land Trust (Twitter)
- Scenic Rivers Land Trust (Walk For The Woods Sign Up)
Want to touch base? Got a suggestion? Criticism? Want to be a guest? Have an idea for a guest? …send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also hit us up on Twitter at @MDCrabsPodcast. We have no lives, so hearing from listeners really makes our day.
If you want to find us, click on the links below:
- Facebook Page – The Maryland Crabs (Page)
- Facebook Group – The Maryland Crabs (Group)
- Twitter – @MDCrabsPodcast
- Email – email@example.com
- Website – www.themarylandcrabs.com
Personally, on Twitter, find John at @eyeonannapolis