It’s not easy being Mayor of the Capital city of the wealthiest state in the country. But Michael Pantelides is that guy; and he is running for a second term.
The Maryland Crabs sat down with “Mayor” Pantelides a bit ago, and now we talk to “Candidate” Pantelides and see how he plans to win a second term. He pulls no punches with one of his Democrat opponents, Senator John Astle (who we spoke with as well). He lays out his vision for the environment and the business community. He discusses his upcoming book “The Book of Bad Ideas” (J/K), and his frustration when people interrupt him during one of the few times he can take his “Mayor’s Hat” off.
The elections are coming up, so make sure you catch all of our upcoming episodes–we will be all over it!
Make sure you follow Mayor Michael Pantelides all over the place including:
- @MayorPantelides (Official Twitter)
- @VotePantelides (Campaign Twitter)
- City Of Annapolis – Mayor’s Office (Official Website)
- Mike Pantelides for Mayor (Campaign Website)
- Mayor Michael Pantelides (Official Facebook)
- Mike Pantelides for Mayor of Annapolis (Campaign Facebook)
NOTE: John edited this episode while tired…so if it is not up to the par of Tim’s outstanding editing–now you know why!
Thank you to everyone who wrote with suggestions for upcoming episodes. We are on it.
Coming up — Alex Pline, an advocate for biking in Maryland and a member of the Annapolis Transportation Board talks about the changes with parking in Annapolis, Maryland Comptroller, Peter Franchot who pulls no punches wth the legislature. Travis Pastrana will be here, the developer behind one of the most controversial projects in Annapolis, and…. well that woudl spoil it…just subscribe and be surprised!
BIG NEWS: We are now on the app tunein. So if you use tunein…well… tune in. As an added bonus, if you have an Amazon Echo—you can say “Alexa, play The Maryland Crabs Podcast” and she will fetch the latest episode from tunein. How cool is that?
We are also now on iHeartRADIO! So if you listen to iHeartRADIO, you can listen, rate, share, subscribe, favorite right there. Here’s the direct link!
If you are just joining us…. make sure you check out some (or all) of our previous episodes? You really should. They could change your life. Granted, your life would have to be pretty bad. But still, we have some gems you will want to check out! Most recently….
- Rushern Baker, III, the Prince George’s County Executive sat down with us to talk about how well the County is doing after being pretty much at the bottom of the barrel. His predecessor was indicted, arrested, and served time in prison for corruption, the murder rate was out of control, and because the FBI was still investigating people, he had to fire the entire management of the county and start fresh! Now we talk MGM Grand, Harborplace, Westphalia, and that time his mom called him to make sure he wasn’t the one in jail.
- Gavin Buckley comes back to the Crabs now that his campaign is in full swing and lays out his vision for Annapolis as he looks to unseat the incumbent Mayor, Mike Pantelides in this year’s election! Can an Aussie handle an American colonial town? Put a shrimp on the barbie, grab some vegamite and have a listen!
- Chase Cook. He’s the eyes and ears of The Capital for the City of Annapolis and he sat down and talked about the firing of the Annapolis Police Chief, the issue with public housing, undocumented residents, and the Mayor’s chance to win re-election!
- Working the Chesapeake Bay. We sat with Mary Ewenson who is the publisher of Prop Talk and Spin Sheet and sits on the Board of the Eastport Yacht Club Foundation to talk about working on the Bay. What jobs are there now and in the future. Also the Marine and Maritime Trades Career Fair that is happening on February 25th.
- Annapolis Mayor Mike Pantelides talks about firing long-time chief of police Mike Pristoop, some of his accomplishments in his first three years and what he might hope to accomplish in a second terms if the voters will have him again!
Oh hell…just go back and listen to the ones you haven’t heard! And PLEASE be sure to tell your friends about us!
Wanna touch base? Got a suggestion? Criticism? Want to be a guest? Have an idea for a guest? …send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also hit us up on Twitter at @MDCrabsPodcast. We have no lives, so hearing from listeners really makes our day.
PLEASE Click to rate us and leave a comment on Google Play or iTunes! That would go a long way to getting our podcast out there! While you are there—why not subscribe and have it delivered right to your device?
If you want to find us, click on the links below:
- Facebook Page – The Maryland Crabs (Page)
- Facebook Group – The Maryland Crabs (Group)
- Twitter – @MDCrabsPodcast
- Email – email@example.com
- Website – www.themarylandcrabs.com