You have never been to Annapolis if you haven’t bitched about the parking. Maybe it was the lack of it. Maybe it was the $40 ticket you got for overstaying your welcome. Today, we speak with Alex Pline, a member of the City’s Transportation Board who peels back the onion a little bit for us.
The City’s new parking overlords highly respected parking partner, SP+, has come out with some new recommendations that have both irked and pleased the residents–and generally pissed off the businesses. There will be a formal meeting to discuss this and the public is invited— Tuesday, march 28th at 7pm at City Hall. But Alex tackles some of the issues here.
After a beer or two, we come back to discuss his other passion–bicycling. What does the City, County and State need to do to make bicycling safer? What do drivers need to do? What do bicyclists need to do? And what happened to the Annapolis Bicycle Plan anyway? And for those wondering–yes, he did ride his bike to and from our session!
You can follow Alex on Twitter (and everyone really should) at @AlexPline (easy enough)
A special thanks to our sponsors this week including… Union Jacks, Zachary’s Jewelers, the Chesapeake Bay Trust, and Anne Arundel Medical Center’s Denim & Diamonds. And a special thanks again to Gavin Buckley for the pre-show plug!
Thank you to everyone who wrote with suggestions for upcoming episodes. We are on it.
Coming up — Next week we talk pot! We will be talking to the organizers of the National Cannabis Festival which will be held on April 22nd in DC. We will hit on all you need to know as the weed becomes legal in Maryland.And then, Maryland Comptroller, Peter Franchot who pulls no punches wth the legislature comes at them again on The Crabs. He also divulges a crazy loophole that the state lawmakers refuse to close. Looking ahead–Travis Pastrana, Congressmen Anthony Brown and John Sarbanes, St. John’s College President Chris Nelson, and much more!
BIG NEWS: We are now on the app tunein. So if you use tunein…well… tune in. As an added bonus, if you have an Amazon Echo—you can say “Alexa, play The Maryland Crabs Podcast” and she will fetch the latest episode from tunein. How cool is that?
We are now on iHeartRADIO! So if you listen to iHeartRADIO, you can listen, rate, share, subscribe, favorite right there. Here’s the direct link!
If you are just joining us…. make sure you check out some (or all) of our previous episodes? You really should. They could change your life. Granted, your life would have to be pretty bad. But still, we have some gems you will want to check out! Most recently….
- Mayoral Candidate Mike Pantelides talks about his upcoming re-election campaign. He takes off his Mayor’s hat, loosens his tie and talks about why and how he will win another 4 years in November of 2017.
- Rushern Baker, III, the Prince George’s County Executive sat down with us to talk about how well the County is doing after being pretty much at the bottom of the barrel. His predecessor was indicted, arrested, and served time in prison for corruption, the murder rate was out of control, and because the FBI was still investigating people, he had to fire the entire management of the county and start fresh! Now we talk MGM Grand, Harborplace, Westphalia, and the time his mom called him to make sure he wasn’t the one in jail.
- Gavin Buckley comes back to the Crabs now that his campaign is in full swing and lays out his vision for Annapolis as he looks to unseat the incumbent Mayor, Mike Pantelides in this year’s election! Can an Aussie handle an American colonial town? Put a shrimp on the barbie, grab some vegamite and have a listen!
- Chase Cook. He’s the eyes and ears of The Capital for the City of Annapolis and he sat down and talked about the firing of the Annapolis Police Chief, the issue with public housing, undocumented residents, and the Mayor’s chance to win re-election!
- Working the Chesapeake Bay. We sat with Mary Ewenson who is the publisher of Prop Talk and Spin Sheet and sits on the Board of the Eastport Yacht Club Foundation to talk about working on the Bay. What jobs are there now and in the future. Also the Marine and Maritime Trades Career Fair that is happening on February 25th.
Oh hell…just go back and listen to the ones you haven’t heard! And PLEASE be sure to tell your friends about us!
Wanna touch base? Got a suggestion? Criticism? Want to be a guest? Have an idea for a guest? …send us an email at email@example.com
You can also hit us up on Twitter at @MDCrabsPodcast. We have no lives, so hearing from listeners really makes our day.
PLEASE Click to rate us and leave a comment on Google Play or iTunes! That would go a long way to getting our podcast out there! While you are there—why not subscribe and have it delivered right to your device?
If you want to find us, click on the links below:
- Facebook Page – The Maryland Crabs (Page)
- Facebook Group – The Maryland Crabs (Group)
- Twitter – @MDCrabsPodcast
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website – www.themarylandcrabs.com